Sign up to receive email updates
Economic Development Task Force
Promote Access to Capital
- Identify discrimination in lending by continuing to promote the collection of data on Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) business borrowers by race, ethnicity, and gender, and evaluating the status of the data collection provision in the Wall Street Reform Act that was successfully pushed for by CAPAC and the Congressional Black Caucus.
- Ensure that AAPI businesses receive culturally and linguistically appropriate outreach.
- Monitor upcoming legislation to ensure the minority business community’s lending needs are met.
Promote Access to Contracting and Procurement
- Hold federal agencies accountable to their contracting goals for small and minority-owned businesses.
- Promote awareness and participation in federal technical assistance programs by holding federal agencies accountable to AAPI-owned businesses, pushing for AAPI language access, and increasing funds for outreach and education.
Promote Workforce Diversity for AAPIs in the Public and Private Sectors
- Address the glass ceiling preventing AAPIs from obtaining senior managerial positions in the public and private sectors by advocating for promotion of workforce and management diversity within federal agencies and private corporations.
- Provide oversight over federal agencies plans to increase the AAPI workforce required by the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (WHIAAPI).
- Continue ongoing work with Comcast-NBCUniversal and other major networks to promote greater media diversity.
Data on AAPI Businesses and the AAPI Workforce
- Advocate for increased data collection on AAPI business owners and the AAPI workforce with federal agencies and the private sector, including disaggregated data among AAPI subgroups.
- Advocate for AAPI workers’ protections, including wage and hour standards, workplace health safety, and employee benefits.