Sign up to receive email updates
Veterans and Armed Services Task Force
Protect and Defend AAPI Armed Servicemembers and Veterans
- Protect the civil rights and well-being of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) armed servicemembers and veterans.
- Support efforts that promote the physical and psychological health of AAPI armed servicemembers and veterans.
- Promote Department of Defense and Department of Veteran Affairs medical research programs and services that address health issues affecting AAPI servicemembers and veterans.
- Denounce and address racial and religious discrimination affecting AAPI armed servicemembers and veterans, including incidents related to racial or ethnic hazing.
Honor AAPI Armed Servicemembers and Veterans
- Honor AAPI armed servicemembers and veterans, including Filipino World War II veterans and the many U.S.-Allied Southeast Asian veterans who sacrificed their lives to defend democracy.
- Support the work of the Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee on Minority Veterans to highlight issues impacting the AAPI community and encourage the VA to engage in additional AAPI outreach efforts.
Promote Economic Well-Being of AAPI Servicemembers and Veterans
- Support programs and efforts that strengthen access to job opportunities, capital, mortgages, and other services or programs for AAPI armed servicemembers and veterans.
- Support programs and efforts that facilitate benefit claims by AAPI veterans that are administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, including addressing the difficultly of establishing qualifying service for Filipino World War II veterans.
- Work to secure VA benefits for AAPI veterans who fought alongside U.S. forces, including those who served during WWII and the Vietnam War.