Sign up to receive email updates
Support Federal Recognition for Native Hawaiians
- Support legislation and efforts that provide Native Hawaiians with the same right to self-determination and self-governance that are afforded to other indigenous peoples and provides a structured process to address the longstanding issues resulting from the overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii.
Support Guam World War II Loyalty Recognition Act
- Support legislation to recognize the suffering and loyalty of the people of Guam during its occupation by the Japanese during World War II.
Support Equitable Treatment for the U.S. Territories
- Support legislation to provide for American Samoa and the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas to be treated as states for certain criminal justice programs.
- Support equitable distribution of nutrition programs and assistance to small agricultural producers.
- Support legislative and administrative efforts to mitigate the socioeconomic impacts and costs of Freely Associated States migration to the affected jurisdictions, such as the U.S. Pacific territories and Hawaii.
Promote AAPI Census Count
- Support AAPI Language Access Guides, similar to those provided for the 2010 Census, for the American Community Survey.
- Work with the U.S. Census Bureau to outline proposals for improving the AAPI count in Census 2020.
- Ensure that the Census Bureau include all citizens of the United States, including those in the territories, in their estimates of U.S. resident population and other national statistics.
- Advocate for adequate funding for the Census Bureau during budget and appropriations processes.